From:
Blossom Flower <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 03:31:50 -0800
>Oh my.  Doesn't it also say not to judge?
>
>Actually, there are a lot of folks who would argue with that
>interpretation of the Bible.  I actually know several witches who
>consider themselves Christian.
>
>And if the dead are conscience of nothing, then what is the point of
>believing in Heaven?  I mean, if you aren't conscience of anything,
>how can you experience anything.

First off, I am not judging anyone.  That is not my place.  Do I have my
opinions?  Yes.  If people can voice their opinions FOR animal psychics,
then aren't others of us who DON'T believe in it also allowed to voice
our views against it?  At the end of your post you said I should be more
open minded, but doesn't that mean I have the same right as you to
express myself even if you don't happen to agree with it?  It goes both
ways ya know.  I saw a dozen posts on the FML in favor of animal
psychics, so I figured it would be nice to show a different viewpoint.
Part of being "open minded" is having a balance and showing all sides to
an issue, not just one.  :)

As for the dead being conscience of nothing, I didn't make that up.  It
is in the Bible.  In the Bible it says that we cannot communicate with
the dead and fortune telling was always condemned.  The only reason I
even mentioned what the Bible says was to make the point that psychics
cannot claim to be both christians and pagans at the same time.  Just
like a self proclaimed "witch" cannot be a witch and a christian at the
same time.  Those beliefs and lifestyles conflict with everything
christianity is based on.  If a person is just going to pick and choose
the parts of the Bible that they like and dislike, then why claim to be
christian at all?  That was the main point I was trying to get across.

Being "open minded" does not mean that one has to believe or go along
with whatever someone else believes.  I consider myself to be a very open
minded person, but I also use common sense.  It's just so obvious to me
when I see these psychics on t.v.  that they are fakes - everything from
body language to the way they stammer and change their stories around to
the way they throw out these totally general things and try to make
themselves appear to have some special knowledge that nobody else has.
They insult the intelligence of the rest of us.  And if we don't believe
then we aren't open minded enough or we just don't have their "gift".

Ms. Cleo tried to make the world believe she had a gift too and look what
happened to her and many others who claimed to have psychic ability.
They got sued and are out of business now for scamming and harrassing
people.  If these people can truly read minds then why is it that they
can only answer certain questions and not others?  They always seem to
conveniently have some sort of vision blockage or memory lapse when the
important questions are asked.  The only things they can answer are the
extremely general questions that anyone could guess.  And here's another
question...If psychics have all the answers then why do they need to
charge for their services?  Shouldn't they all be wealthy people?  If I
had the ability to read minds the first thing I'd do is go purchase some
lottery tickets.  After all, can't they see the winning numbers?  Oh yes
I forgot.  They have selective memory and "blocked visions". :\

[Moderator's note: I think interpreting the Bible is going a little past
the topic of Animal Communicators.  (Though I do recall a story about
a snake talking to "Eve"...)  Nor does communication have anything to
do with predicting lottery numbers, nor does it imply an "all-knowing"
person.  I'm not sure what hasn't been said on either side, but I do
think we are straying from the topic... one which had FINALLY died down
until yesterday's post.

Please, let's keep it on-topic or let's drop it.  Thanks, BIG]