From:
Karla VF Staudt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 08:09:41 -0500
>Today while I was playing with Lola I noticed something on her back.
>At first I thought it was just a scrape-- then I noticed that it was a
>scabbed-over spot in the center of a bald circle.  The rim of the circle
>is red.  It's not very big, maybe a bit larger in diameter than a
>cigarette (in fact I was thinking it looked something like a cigarette
>burn-- no, there is NO chance that's what it is!) My question is, has
>anyone seen something like this before?

hi Rachel,

You might want to have it checked by the vet.  When our Meep had a very
similar sounding sore on his leg, it turned out to be a mast cell tumor.
If that is what it is you would want to have it removed as soon as
possible to minimize the chance of cancer migrating to somewhere else in
her body.  Given where it is, if she can't lick it, you might want to try
putting a little Neosporin ointment on it.  If it is a burn or irritation
then that should help heal it fairly quickly.  If it doesn't seem to
improve within 2-3 days I would definitely recommend that you take her
to your vet and ask specifically about mast cell tumors.

Good luck with Lola!
Karla and Daisy