From:
Avatar Comics <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 18:14:17 -0700
Hello fellow FML-ers,

Warning: this is one of those stories that will really make you mad!

I work part-time as a receptionist at a veterinary clinic, last week when
I went in to pick up my check one of the other receptionists was standing
in the lobby with a client who was carrying a large cardboard box.  She
points at me and says: "This is the person you need to talk to - she
knows all about ferrets!"

I go over and look in the box thinking "Oh boy, a baby ferret!", reach
inside and pull out the most darling buff-colored mitt girl, 12 weeks
old, pixie-faced and cute as a bug.  She bites me, of course, so I put
her in the bite-proof hold (as demonstrated in Ferrets for Dummies) and
start talking to her owner.  First time ferret owner, bought this ferret
because she was soooo cute, spent $200 on cage and accessories and now is
wondering if she can keep the ferret because she is so wild.  Says the
ferret bites her and her boyfriend, and he really doesn't like the ferret
anyway.  I give her advice about handling, socializing and so on; I give
her my number - "If you need to find her a new home, give me a call..."
I leave owner and ferret to their appointment and go on with my day.

Well, I go in to work 3 days later and find out that during her
appointment the ferret bit the vet and he had her quarantined for
rabies!!!  This particular vet is one who only works there part-time, but
I will certainly NEVER take one of my ferrets to him!  What a jerk!  It
was quite a struggle to try to be nice to this guy, since I was working
with him the day I found all this out.  If my regular vet (who works full
time at this clinic) quarantined every ferret that has bit him, he would
have a cage permanently reserved for him down at Animal Control...

Anyway, today I get a call from this little fuzzbutt's owner - she is
picking her up from quarantine on Sunday and could I take her?  Of course
I will, but I am already at my fuzzy limit so I will have to find her a
forever home with an experienced ferret-owner.  So, if there is anyone
out here in Western Colorado looking for another ferret, let me know.  I
will have more details about her on Sunday.

Dooks to all,

Serena and the Wrecking Crew:
Conan the Destroyer "Who, me?"
Elvis the Bear "Can I help? Can I, huh?"
Little Miss Crockett "Give me a raisin and nobody gets hurt."
Mathayus the Scorpion King "Hey, I was playing with that!"