From:
Mike Janke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 20:32:46 -0500
I spoke to my vet today and she asked me to check around to see if anyone
has had any experience using "Soft Paws" with ferrets.  This is the brand
name of a product that is applied to the nails of cats to prevent them
from scratching the furniture.  She has a client that has a ferret that
is tearing up their carpeting.  The client wanted the ferret declawed,
but she refused of course.  I offered the usual suggestions to thwart the
behavior.

She thought Soft Paws might help, but because these are little vinyl
caps, she is concerned about the possibility of the ferret chewing them
off and ingesting them.  If anyone has any experience with the use of
this product with ferrets, I'll pass it on to my vet.  We both thank
you in advance!

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael Janke, [log in to unmask]
* South Florida Ferret Help Line, 305-385-6750
*
* Website:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc
*