From:
Jean Caputo-Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:30:00 -0500
Well, I figured after the last post which I did under the influence of
chemo drugs, I had better do one before I start chemo again.  Man, I
could strangle my son, he didn't even proof read the post!!!) Did it
even get sent right?  I can barely remember what I did.

Any way, I go in again Monday for chemo for four days of being confused,
and sick to my stomach.  (The doctors don't understand I live in the
state of Confusion and I am it's president, I don't need any help).

Anyway, Naked boy has more hair on his head than I do.  I still have my
eyebrows and eyelashes, but the doc says they will fall out too.  I am
also one of those "lucky" people.  Seven days after the first four
treatments of chemo, I ended back in hospital with no white cells in my
blood.  I reacted to the "sided effects" rather quickly, so now I have
to be really careful about being around anyone sick.

Between the radiation and chemo, I am good for about 6 hours then I need
a nap.  And even during the time I have some "energy" I want to poop out.
Some days are more energetic than others.

Now the shelter news, all of our adoptable ferrets that we had (18 in
all) have been placed in homes thanks to the hard work of Lori Sies.  But
we have 21 old-timers, some with personality flaws.  We had two ferrets
come in on an emergency call, animal control went into a house and they
have cats, dogs, rabbits, you name it and two ferrets.  The ferrets got
two baths, and you can still get a slight hint of cat urine on them.  We
have a total of five former shelter kids coming back into the shelter
also.  (Two separate owners) Divorce, no money, no time, no nothing.  But
in the adoption contracts, it states that the adoptor cannot give or sell
the ferrets, they have to come back to the shelter if at anytime during
the ferrets life they cannot keep them.

We are operating on an emergency take in, or former shelter take in
basis.  (Emergency includes animal control, death of owner, owner
deployment turn ins).

Ron, thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I just got back on line
today.  Did you know that fuzzy pee isn't good for a keyboard?.

Hug your fuzzies!!!

jean
ferrets unlimited ferret shelter