From:
April Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 13:26:18 -0500
>One thing I'm worried about is that I may lose the really close bond
>that I have with Ollie, if I got him a friend.  I mean, would he then
>prefer to spend more time with his friend then me?  Would he be less
>affectionate?

We had Nicky for about a month, month and a half before we got Finnegan
to keep him company, and Nicky is just as affectionate as he ever was
with his hoomans, but he definitely appreciated the addition to the
family of someone else his size with whom he could wrestle and play and
snuggle.  But he's still Mommy's and Daddy's little boy, and when he's
not snuggled or romping with his ferrety buddies (we have five now, and
Nicky thinks the more the merrier!), he still comes to us, plays with us
and follows us around and wants to be held!

But then, I know Nicodemus isn't your typical ferret!  We call him our
ferret ambassador, because he gets along with everyone, animal or human,
and he seems to have all the best qualities of a ferret-lots of people
who meet him comment on this, including the shelter folks where we got
Finny.

-April Armstrong Campbell

"I can't believe it!  Reading and writing actually paid off!"
-Homer Simpson, "The Simpsons"