From:
Ashley Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 18:28:44 -0500
First of all, thank you to Joy, Troy Lynn, Mary Jo, Vivian, Sandy and the
Dook City Gang, Kathy, Gerri, Mattea, Maggie, Maru and Jasper, Melissa,
and Caroline for their suggestion on what to do with my baby and their
condolences for Romsca.  It is very touching that people who never knew
her could care so much.

Right now the poor baby is in the freezer :( that way she won't rot.
I'm thinking of having Romsca embalmed or freeze-dried, I couldn't bear
cremating her or stick her in the gold dirt.  I'm going to try to find a
way to preserve her without cutting her open or anything.  Then I guess
I'll get some kind of wooden box to use as a casket and a name plaque or
something.  I wouldn't want her sitting around like a hunting trophy, but
I just don't want her somewhere that I'll never see her again in this
lifetime.

This seems so rushed, but we adopted a ferret on Saturday.  Like I said
before, my cousin had mentioned seeing a ferret in a shelter when they
were looking for a dog, so I figured that something good should come
from Romsca's death.  (I miss her soo much!)  So, we went to the shelter
Saturday to see the ferret.  The ferret is a sleek, skinny baby boy, they
think he is about 6 months old, but I think he might be younger.  They
let us take him home that day and we decided to call him Barnaby.  The
poor little guy's owners called the shelter and told them they had ferret
or weasel running around in the garage.  They wanted the shelter to come
pick him up, but they wouldn't, so the owners took him back to the pet
store.  The pet store then took him to the shelter.  Apparently, the
owners had been neglected him and were supposed to pay a fine or give
him up and they chose to give him up.

So now Barnaby has a new family, a new home, and a new ferret buddy,
my little Rosa.  Rosa is three years older than Barnaby, but they are
getting along with each other okay.  It's so sad, Barnaby doesn't really
know how to play weasel games, he'll learn though.  He doesn't seem to
be afraid of us, surprisingly since he had been stuck in a garage.

Okay, enough said, I just wanted to keep everyone posted.

Missing our Rossie,
Ashley, Rosa, & Barnaby