From:
Greta Hoisington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 10:57:23 EST
After reading your post regarding Zama's new hygiene habits, here is
something I'd like to share with you.  I, too, have a furkid (Cinco de
Mayo), who drastically changed his toilet preferences when my new kit,
TT, arrived.  After months of picking up scattered messes from my carpet
and scrubbing away at the area, I decided to try clear plastic carpet
runner.  I found a long roll of this at Walmart for around $3.00.  The
carpet runner has small 'spikes' on the underside which help it adhere
to the rug.  I cut the c. runner into pieces large enough to accomodate
the corners which Cinco preferred.  Now it's just a matter of picking up
the plastic, mess and all, and dumping the contents into the toilet to be
flushed away.  I then wash and wipe away any residue from the runner and
set it back in the preferred corner.  The doorway may be a problem, as
I've found the runner changes positions when the door is opened or
closed.  Double sided carpet tape might be a solution here.

As for the fan, I know it's probably hot in Texas and you need air
circulation.  Could the fan be elevated out of Zama's reach by setting it
on a stand or box?  If not, maybe the carpet runner will work here, too,
by tipping the fan slightly to remove the runner for cleaning.  That is,
unless the legs of the fan are part of the mess.

I hope this helps you.  lol
Greta Hoisington