From:
Amy Sodus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 11:17:08 EST
>As to some people not wanting to adopt to ferrets out to "young" people,
>my opinion is this: I know a lot of "young" people who are more
>responsible and better able to take care of a ferret then a lot of
>"older" people who both might apply to adopt.  I think not adopting
>to someone just because of there age, is like racism.  I guess it
>would be 'ageism'...

I do not want to be involved in a debate.  But, as an agency RN I do see
all walks of life in the hospitals.  Medical care does not descriminate.
And I see it all.  Personalities, responsibilities,.... and more young
and old.

I'm in my twenties, and not married.  Will be in a year and my fiance
loves these guys and wants them in his life too.  I was in my young
twenties when I started.  I have learned a lot and come a long way.  But,
all of them have gotten whatever they've needed at the vet, and always
have had a stable life here.  Yes, now that I'm making more money and can
afford a much better apt.  But, this one I can have all eight here, and
some of them have been here for 4 1/2 years.  If I move, it's going to be
my own house I buy.  Someone has trusted me with four of the Utah's and
I'm in my twenties.  And they all get playtimes twice a day, stability,
love and everything a fert needs.  Including vet care, all vet care
needed even if it means spending $4,300 since Jan of this year.

Amy and the boys
God Bless America