From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:39:41 -0500
I have a ferret who has a swollen vulva.  Period!!  No hair loss.  She is
eating good and poops are normal and her activity level is the same.  I
took her to the very last year and she has a little infection and this
is when I first noticed the swelling.  Vet gave her an antibiotic and
said to watch and he may have to do adrenal surgery but then it could be
a piece of tissue left over from an ovary not being removed right.  Watch
her and bring her back if things change.  The swelling went down and I
thought it was just the infection.  She started swelling about a month
ago and back to the vet we went.  More antibiotics and he said if it went
down this time it may be the tissue left inside.  Well now her nipples
are swollen.  Not large but you can feel them and it feels like maybe a
skeeter bite.  She is acting funny with my male.  She follows him around
and lays her head on his neck almost like she is trying to get him
interested in her.  They end up just scuffling and biting each other and
then go separate ways but my concern is her hormones are going nuts and
maybe she isn't spade after all.  She is about 4 yrs old.  I can't find
any scar from any surgery but she has the 2 ink dots which doesn't mean
much cause I know of another ferret mom who's male wasn't neutered and
was marked.  What do you think this could be and any suggestions would
help.  I am going back to the vet this week to see what we should do.

Thanks.

[SS]