Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:45:12 -0500
At 5:30 this morning, my precious Spunky took her last breath.  Spunky
had insulinoma, was seven years old and came to me as a rescue.  Last
night when I came home from work, I found her laying on the floor, unable
to move.  I'm not sure how long she was laying there.  She was going into
seizures so I immediately rubbed syrup on her gums, which did not take
effect.  I tried a couple more times, but she was so unresponsive.  Of
all the times she has gone into a seizure, the longest was one hour for
her....but this time nearly killed me.  I tried to comfort her into the
middle of the night; she was screaming so loudly and ended up having
seizures into the night until at 5:30 AM she passed away while cuddled up
in her blanket right beside me as I stroked her beautiful face and paws.
Spunky this is so hard for me!!  My eyes are swollen from crying and I
haven't slept at all and cannot bring myself to go to work.  I feel that
you suffered so long into the night and that was not fair, please forgive
me!  I love you doodle!

Sandee, will you please help Spunky connect with her brother Tango and
sister Pepe' at the Rainbow Bridge.  Here on earth I know that they
didn't exactly get along, but I know they will now.  Thank you!

Can anyone tell me if it is unusual for a ferret with advanced insulinoma
to suffer for so many hours like that?  Also, I couldn't figure out why
her back paws were covered in reddish sores and not her front.  They just
appeared out of nowhere.  Can anyone help me figure that out.

I miss you so much already Spunky, I can't stop crying!

Tracy J.
Chico, Roo (RooBear), Leah (now missing Spunky, Tango and Pepe' so
terribly much).