From:
"Mary R. Shefferman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:22:55 -0500
Moxie and Nexus <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>There was an access panel covering the plumbing in the wall under the
>sink with a space above it.  Nexus climbed over the panel and got in the
>wall where the bathtub was.  I heard him scratching and we ripped the
>panel out to retrieve him.

First off, I'm glad Nexus is ok!

There can be access panels and big holes in all sorts of places in
hotel/motel rooms.  We once stayed in a place that had a big hole in the
wall behind the nightstand.  Make sure you move furniture out from the
walls to check for any kind of holes.  Access panels for the plumbing
are very common in hotel rooms.  I've always been one to err on the side
of caution -- when we used to travel with the ferrets a lot, we'd block
off a portion of the room that we could totally ferret proof and we'd
supervise the ferrets at all times during their play.  What can I say,
we're kind of paranoid ferret parents.

--Mary & the Fuzzies

Mary & The Modern Ferrets
Trixie, Koosh, & Gabby