Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 04:36:04 EST
This is an emergency posting - I was advised to use a friend's computer
to type all information here.  These kids are up for adoptions for free.
This is an emergency and they need to go to a well knowledgeable ferret
persons in some cases.  Others that are willing to learn and work to
learn better about the ferrets are welcome, too.  These kids are going
to be given to the labs to be tested then put to sleep by the middle of
Feburary because they have no place to go.  Here are all the informations
that I have found out from these people

[Moderator's note: I asked where these ferrets are.  Here's Marcy's
response:

"There will be transports in Minnesota because we know many people in the
area that can help out with the transportations.  The shelters in MN are
all overwhelmed and full of ferrets so they're not able to take them all
if anyone asks.  I already called and asked.  They can only help in what
they can in final destination of transporting ferrets there from another
state.  We can certainly work something out for ferrets to go other
states to wonderful and forever homes."   BIG]

                               ------

Peanut Butter and Jelly - they were born together so they're related as
sisters by blood.  They're 3 years old, very sweet, both sable and
healthy.  Gorgeous sable girls.  They're well behaved, never created
trouble at all.  The best ferrets anyone could ask for.

Popcorn's group - There are seven of them in this group....all of them
are very bonded together, but they used to be two separate groups put
together in one.  They're gorgeous - cinnamon, blaze (not deaf),
champage, all kinds of colors in them all.  Two of them are twin sisters
that looks identical and came from the "wild" where this 90 years old man
used to keep them outside.  They were rescued before they nearly died
from being frostbitten in the degrees of minus 40 degrees without wind
chills which was much worse.  They're all healthy and doing well.  One of
them blew out fur so much it's punky looking now.  Always happy wth one
another when dancing on floor doing WCF or WCWreslting tackling leaping
off the ropes and tackle one another.

Tic, Tac, and Toe - They were abandoned at the Petsmart in the cart by
this woman that ran out of the store.  The employees tried to catch her,
but she got away.  No idea of the history.  A friend of mine that works
with biters helped me so much with them especially when they got hit with
helicobacter when they first came to someone's home.  One is a big BEW,
one small albino and one that is patchwork colored - who is a mother to
both of them.  Patchwork one is possibly adrenal, I think.  All very
healthy.

Puffball - a gorgeous beyond words - black stripe from head all the way
to the tail on a blaze colored coat without the white strip on its head.
Not deaf.  She lost her sight as she was young.  May have been blind all
her life, but not sure.  She confuses me whether she's blid or not.  She
despereately needs lots of affection.  Very sweet.  She lost her best
friend to illness way too early.  She's lonely.

Big Boy - Neat big boy, very affectionate for quite some times which is
strange because he wasn't like that when his two best friends were alive.
When his friends died to some unknown causes, he was lonely and would
lick your arms, face, ear, eyes furiously out of happiness when you hold
him.  Champage color with two big white spots on his lower stomach.
Beautiful, beautiful boy

Chocolate Girl - very lonely, dark sable, gorgeous.  Getting old and may
be insoluminc so needs an experienced owner unless someone can work with
someone from the shelters and learn everything.  Very good lap ferret,
just very content to be in your arms for hours seeking affectionate.
Her sister died of severe case of insolumina in painful way because the
former owner didn't know how to treat seizures and it was so out of
control where someone stepped in and humanely put to sleep

Three Scrooges - they're big boys.  One is silver, one is sable, one is
cinnamon and they're so big you cannot believe it.  They're brothers by
the same blood ferret family from what I understood.  Very healthy and
young.  about 1.5 to 2.5 yeras old.  Very little known about them.
They're just like the popcorn's gang..doing funny things that keeps you
interested to watch for hours.

One more ferret that needs to be adopted is a white, male ferret named
Frank.  He's very severe biter but he's learning right now from my
friend who knew ferrets whenever she's in town.  He's gorgeous big white
snowflakes color, no yellowish white, but pure white colored with the
blackest eyes you ever seen.  He's doing so much better and loves
hammocks.  Very lonely, too, I think.  He needs to be in a home where
someone has experiences and tolerant of bites, even nips.  He doesn't
bite so bad anymore.  Just a little work.

Last one of all, her name is Rising Star.  She came from a very bad home
and needs to be in a special home that can work with her.  She was bred
way too many times, too young and after third litters she had, she was
yanked from her babies when the babies were only 3 weeks old and this
ferret has been spitting mad for a long time.  A friend of mine who is an
expert with ferrets helped rehabbed her to health and emotionally.  She's
very happy now.  Healthy and gorgeous silver and cinn mixture color.
She's now spayed by my friend as well as descented.  Been doing great.
About 5 years old.

I hope I covered everything.  This is a frantic time for myself because
they intend to take out their vocal cords before experimenting on them.
I absolutely refused to allow this to happen.  Please, please open up a
tiny corner for them to find a home.  It will be arranged through a group
of people (people who have very little or no experiences with ferrets at
all but good hearts for these furkids in trouble) in order to help them
get out of here to a safe place.  I'm losing lots of sleep over this.

Thank you so much, everyone.  Thank you to the moderator for help, too.
I'm new at this situation.  I will check on emails when I can come over
to check on friend's computer as often.  I will try and get info if
necessary, too.

Marcy