From:
"Cheryl L. Stansberry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:17:41 -0800
We have a possible escape space under the sink.  On the right side of the
cleaning supplies is a wooden barrier that does not quite take up on the
space on top.  We have very weak latches my husband made.  My ferret Bo
always tests to see if he can possibly get the door open to escape out.
Usually it stays closed but sometimes after many poundings by Bo it will
come open and in he goes!

Once I let the furs out and came back to my office.  As my husbands came
home from work he noticed a couple furs scatter across the fenced in
yard.  We rounded up the furs and only Bo was missing...and where was he?
In the bedroom we keep closed.  He got in by going around the house and
in through the cat door and jumping down.  We've found him there about 3
times.  Last year he escaped and had a run in with a Bulldog.  We think
that's why he sticks close.  But he loves our bedroom.  Weird.

Anyway, we have a wonderful cage for them with the litter box at the
bottom.  The furs used to be good at going down to relieve themselves
but ever since we adopted two 6 month old furs they often poop on the
"shelves"  Anything we can do?

Cheryl
BO, Buffy, Smokey, Chunk & Sully