From:
Antoinette Lavern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 17:36:40 EST
Hello to the group.  I am a new ferret mommy.  I have been doing dog,
bunny and guinna pig resuce for years now.  After the death of our last
senior rabbit the children and I wanted to try a new small animal.

We checked our local animal shelter and found a a silver mitt female
available for adoption.  She had been abandoned in an empty apartment
with her three friends and left to starve.  She was fortunate and got out
the house.  Her three friends were not so lucky.  She had been adopted
out and returned because she was labelled a biter.  We were told we
would be her last chance of finding a home and if returned she would be
euthanized.  We were told she would need extra TLC to get her adjusted.

She is doing well and we took her for full exam and shots this weekend.
She has turned out to be such a sweety.  We named her Sox.  Sox is
obsessed with Socks and toes!  I do have an appeal for memebers out
there.  I need to get her a ferret cage with multi-levels so we won't be
so bored when we are away in the day at work.  Anyone out there with a
cage to either sell or give away please e-mail me personally.  I will be
more than willing to pay for the shipping.

Right now Sox is in my largiest Bunny cage with the floor covered and
lots of blankies.  She is using her litter box regularly and returns back
to her cage to potty and to eat and drink.  She runs free when we are
home but when we can't supervise her she must stay in her cage.

thanks to all in the group.  Sox's has been the best thing that has come
to our house.  We are so glad to see her happy and thriving with the love
we can provide for her!

Antoinette