From:
Robin Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 21:04:42 EST
Hi Everyone,

I got this email today from CJ at 24 Carat Shelter in Las Vegas.  I am
passing it on.  (Sorry CJ, I know I should have asked first).  But its
obvious that CJ needs some help.  The 4 intact ferrets that she talks
about she got from us in California.  CJ is a vital link in California
Rescue.  I don't know what we would do without her.  As you ca see, CJ
isn't begging, I am for her.  Can you please help?

Thanks,
Robin

Hi, to all, As you may or may not know the situation here at the shelter,
we started the year with 58 ferrets and 20 more in foster homes.  Out of
that number only 20 or so are ready for adoption right now.  Many are
adrenal ferrets or older ferrets no one wants.

We also have 2 females that are possibly pregnant, one I think is
pregnant, the other one faking me out just so she gets duck soup all the
time.  The 2 boys will be neutered this week.

We had one ferret come in this year a sweet 4 yr old that will get a
dental this week.

I received a call today from an older woman in Fallon, Nv.  she has 10
ferrets, all unfixed.  7 were born in May 2002, 2 mommies and 1 daddy.
My friend that loves to drive are picking them up tomorrow for me, they
will arrive tomorrow night.

Now here is what I need, foster homes for some of the older ferrets or
even better perminate homes.  We can transport if needed with in a
resonable distance.  I can get the surgeries done on the ones that can
have it done,if someone is willing to take one and make a donation to the
vet towards the surgery.

With the 10 that will need shots, spays, etc that will be costly also,
the same deal applys, help with the vet costs and adopt one.

Really its the older ones I worry about most, both my foster homes, bless
you Brenda, and Arjay and Chris, they take the old timers but alas are
pretty full right now.  i know everyone wants the perfect ferret, but
please consider giving an old timer a home.

Also needed are ideas for a adrenal/spay/neuter fundraiser(s).  I'm going
through all my stuff and seeing what I can list on e bay.  I have the
first 3 Richard Bach ferret books that will go up, and what ever else I
can scrounge up.

If all you can do is pass this info on to any one or ferret message group
that may be able to help, that would be great also.

All of you have been so helpful to the shelter over the years and I hope
you all know that is is greatly appriciated by myself and the ferrets.
It is very inportant that the shelter stays up and running, we are the
only ones in the area saving ferret lives and also take in the California
futigives.  I'm not looking for handouts, please don't take this message
that way.  I'm looking for homes for the older ferrets and ideas for
fundraising.  And of course if your close enough, pooper scooping, lol.

Thanks for listening,
CJ 24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter "where ferrets are treated like
gold"
Las Vegas, Nv.
http://geocities.com/a_24k_ferret/index.htm
24K ferret shelter