From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 23:50:18 -0000
Hi everyone.
This is my first post and I apologize for hiding behind ferrets' poop
instead of slinging it at every official who bleats yet another lie.

I was told by an animal control worker in my county that "if ferrets were
legal they would get out and kill the native wildlife, like small birds
and stuff"

This is what I want to know:
WHERE/WHAT IS THE SCIENTIFIC/ BIOLOGICAL/ UNPREJUDICED INFORMATION ON
Mustela pu torius furo THAT The Department of Fish & Game/Wildlife IS
USING TO MAINTAIN THI S LEGAL STRONGHOLD IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA ?????

(I have a biology degree from CA and I know all about sensitive
habitats", but I don't believe in feral colonies of ferocious killer
ferrets out to ruin and the n on to the next bird's nest.  Especially
when I've seen ferrets that couldn't f ind there way out of a paper bag!)

I think I feel like a lot of people in CA:

  YOU WANT BADLY TO SPEAK OUT... but...
  THAT PUTS YOU AND YOUR "LITTLE ONES" IN DANGER

Any suggestions on how to NOT live like a fugitive (I would flee and hide
them before giving anyone up.) would be appreciated.

jdl