From:
Nancy Farlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 13:15:11 -0500
>He doesn't know how to climb the baby gate, so he has to be in there
>some where.  Does anyone know how to find an unfindable ferret?  At the
>very least, I could use some prayers.  I'm begginning to freak out.  My
>mind tells me that he's in there, but my heart tells me he's not.  If he
>was stuck someplace wouldn't he sqweek or dook or something?  HELP HELP
>HELP!!!!

Shelley,

I hope by now you've found the little guy!  If not, two possibilities
exist: either Kiki is in the room or he isn't.  If you're POSITIVE that
he couldn't have gotten past the baby gate, I would recommend going into
the ferret room, removing your other two ferrets and any other sources of
noise, then making a lot of racket (to wake him up if he's sleeping), and
then sit very quietly in the middle of the room for a while and listen
for any small noises Kiki might make.  He may be trapped somewhere,
somehow.

I once had a ferret that slid to the bottom of a four-foot box of
florescent light bulbs.  She had apparently climbed up onto the work
bench that the box was next to, then shimmied up to the top of the box
and fell in.  I was going nuts looking for her; I tore the house apart.
Finally, out of the frustration of not knowing where to look next, I sat
down in the middle of the basement floor and tried to think what to do.
That's when I heard a very faint scratching coming from the box, and she
was found!

I also lost my cat once, and I was sure he was in the house.  Couldn't
find him all evening, or the next morning, and I was getting really
worried.  Then I happened to open a kitchen cabinet, and there he was!
This 16-lb cat spent the night in a cabinet full of pots and pans, where
he could barely turn around.  How and why he got in there, and why he
didn't make a sound, I'll never know.

Best wishes to you and Kiki; I hope he turns up safe and sound!

Nancy and critters