From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 09:43:07 -0500
As the Holiday settles upon us here in the Northeast- we at Ferret Wise
take a few moments to say THANK YOU!  to those MANY readers who have
kindly sent donations of $ or goods this year.

Your generosity HAS allowed us to continue on and enter a New Year
sheltering abuse and neglect case ferrets which arrive for investigative
agents.  We reflect upon the wonder of progress in our area:

* as kits are now a week to 2 weeks older at time of sale - hopefully
  making them healthier and more compatible for new owners.
* we look forward to the same legislation taking hold in ME in the coming
  year
* we are grateful that the trials of the past year ( fire - loss of
  personal family) have weathered us but have allowed us to continue our
  work ...( even though the backup computer died last night - new power
  supply fried :( )
* as our newsletter subscriber list grows - which shows us education does
  grow and accomplish good
* as we are currently able to keep 1-2 months food in stock - and the vet
  bills somewhat under control through the support of ebay auctions.

WITHOUT the extended family of friends Ferret Wise would surely have
closed it's doors this year-- INSTEAD we survive providing ADV testing to
all who enter and continue to work with challenged cases with the hope of
finding the correct forever homes for them to go to.  It is due to YOUR
help, your trust & support that We, at Ferret Wise continue.

Have a Joyous Holiday - as we snuggle under rugs ( Thanks Angela!  the
kids are bouncing more than ever on the covered cold tile floor) and peer
for the Holiday treats and look toward the WONDER of a NEW YEAR -
hopefully filled with brightness - we carry each of you in our hearts.

For it is the family and friendship shared that inspire and nurture each
little face here at Ferret Wise Shelter.

Best Wishes to you all.

Alicia
for the many faces at Ferret Wise
www.ferretwise.org