From:
Gail Elsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 17:13:33 -0500
I got a call yesterday from the lady in Milford NJ with the ferret I
agreed to take over a month ago, but they never called backuntil now.
The 4 year old female with a mast cell tumor on its face.  I agreed they
cold come today, even though I have finals, and the kid brought it over.
Aquarium, cedar chips, nothing to sleep on, no food brought, etc.  Ferret
had its nails trimmed "sometime last year" She also had the adrenal rash
and was losing fur everywhere

Ferret is losing hair, bad mouth infection, 2 inch mast cell tumor (not
kidding) on mouth.  ADV negative.  And breathing real bad.  I kick them
out and go to the vet.

My vet takes one look, goes back and does x-rays.  X-rays come back with
lung capacity down to 5% fluid in abdominal cavity and lungs, and tumor
in the lungs.  The heart rate was up 3x normal and Snowflake had to use
her entire body to breath...and breathe and breathe.  Each breath was
uncomfortable.  We tried to remove the fluids with a needle.  Nothing.
She bit the vet, crawled into my arms and died right there.  I rally
f***ing hate people.  The kid said that she had been breathing like that
for a year.  As quickly as a little snowflake came into my life, she
melted away.  Rest in peace baby, you deserve it.  You deserved so much
better that what those crappy people did to you.

Want to adopt an exotic?  Need help to place one?  Go here:
http://www.scalesandtails.org