From:
suzi lambert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:48:57 -0800
I have always loved all animals and ever since I can remember we have
adopted many homeless pets through the years.  I grew up around animals
and to me a home is not a home without them.

I knew next to nothing about ferrets, except I thought they seemed like
very fun and interesting animals.

One day I saw a pair of sable ferrets at my local pet store.  I picked up
the little one and fell in love.  I was hooked.  The owner said they were
returned and the bigger one had a small biting problem and the previous
owners may have been rough with them.  He picked up the bigger one and
she seemed nice enough.  I couldn't resist, it seemed like maybe these
poor little creatures were just misunderstood.  So home they came with
me.  (Yes I am very guilty of a impulse buy at a dreaded pet store.)
Once at home the big one latched on to me and wouldn't let go, what a
experience!  For the both of us.  She was shaking so bad and was
obviously very frightened.  At that time I set about trying to learn as
much as I could and found the FML and the FHL.  After much learning and
training for the both of us, she hardly ever nips.  They are both very
affectionate and playful.

So, that is how Cheech and Chong came home with me and started the chain
reaction of 5 more ferts!!!!

I love my babies sooooo much and can't imagine life without them.

suzi