From:
"Shelley R. Abare" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 20:26:52 -0600
I discovered I was allergic to my fuzzie after I had had him for about 4
months.  I went to the dermatologist and he decided I had Rosacea.  He
treated me for that, and the oozing sores and swelling went away.  I
found out later that it was an allergy to the ferrets, but the treatment
for Rosacea works great, so I've stuck with it.  Little Bit's oil makes
me break out with-in a few minutes.  Brownies saliva makes my lips swell
up and my eyes swell shut.  (gotta wash my face right after I play with
him).  Kiki is the least problem, he only gets to me if I play for a
really long time.  I have kept all of mine.  I got Little Bit and Brownie
after I found out I was allergic.  It's a tough descision, but for me, my
babies were worth the agravation.  Though finding a treatment that
cleared my face and arms up helped alot in the descision.  To all of you
dealing with allergies, good luck.  It's really hard to decide, but if
you do what's best for the fuzzies everything will work out fine.

Shelley, Kiki, Brownie, and Little Bit
Kiss your ferrets every day.  If you don't know why, they do ;D