Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 15:13:01 +0800
From:
hi,

i live in a house that has 2 beagles (not mine) as well as my 2 ferrets.
the beagles are both around 4/5 years and both very well trained
(relative to other beagles!)

i would not recommend keeping both ferrets and beagles.  i have had both
the ferrets and beagles in the same room together, watched VERY closely,
and there were no problems for several months.

then one day one beagle got a bit excited and went for one of the
ferrets.  i got to them just in time, so she didnt injure the ferret, but
needless to say my poor boy was in shock for a while.

i have never put them in the same room since, and never will.  beagles
are hunting dogs, and even though they are domesticated they still have
very strong instincts.

on another note, i wouldnt recommend getting beagles anyway, just because
they are a pain in the bum :)

they wreck EVERYTHING, dig up the garden, open doors, are hard to train,
eat anything, and constantly hassle everyone for food.

they eat clothes off the clothes line, and in the past have eaten shoes,
and even gotten inside a car and torn everything apart
(seats,carpet,gearknob,doortrim)

(sorry if anyone has well behaved beagles!)

i have heard about other dogs getting along well with ferrets, maybe
consider another breed (try looking for one that isnt classified as a
hunting breed)

hope this helps :)
shona
tarvi + tyson