Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 12:53:27 -0500
From:
April Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
FYI, I was informed by Veterinary Pet Insurance today that they are
changing their underwriting and coverage policies such that ferrets
will no longer be covered for any endocrine problems.  In other words,
VPI will NO LONGER COVER ANY ADRENAL SURGERIES OR ILLNESSES SUCH AS
INSULINOMA, which is the biggest reason I signed up for VPI coverage in
the first place, because I knew that was a likely problem in ferrets when
I acquired the first of my crew.

So basically, they're no longer covering certain pets for diseases they
think they are likely to get.  Kind of annoying for someone who has been
a policyholder for two years-I was one of their first ferret clients.
Sounds like if HMO Blue were to decide they were no longer covering
cardiac conditions in certain races, sexes and ages of people because
too many of them were likely to develop heart disease.

I am really upset by this, as I have five ferrets and they are likely to
need adrenalectomies, etc.  at some point.  Anyway, I thought the FML
should know.

-April Armstrong Campbell

"I can't believe it!  Reading and writing actually paid off!"
-Homer Simpson, "The Simpsons"