From:
christine newkirk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:38:09 -0700
Hi guys!

Thanks so much for all the supportive e-mail I received.  You may not
be surprised to know that I received GOBS of e-mail regarding Dustbin's
toenails.  For those who don't know, one of them has cleared up, but he
still has two on one hind foot and three on the other that look funny.
I think I'll go ahead and take in to the vet when they re-open (and the
power over there comes back on, and the flodding goes down) after
Tropical Storm Bill.  ("Bill"?  "Bill"?  Thay HAVE to be kidding.  Why
not just go whole hog and call it "Fluffy" or "LuLu"?!  geez.)

Dustbin doesn't seem to hurt, and he plays and dooks and dances just
like normal.  He does enjoy all the attention he's been getting,
however.  To clarify things a little, picture a ferret claw, preferably
an albino.  Okay, normal ones have a little pink vein going from the
base to almost the end of the nail.  The nail is wide at the base and
narrow at the tip.  In the wide part of the funky ones, there is a
blood-red "bulge"at the base of the vein part inside the nail.  then it
turns into the "normal" vein part except that, too, is dark red instead
of pink.  I'll let everyone know what the vet says so that in case
anyone else gets this they'll know what it might be.

Again, thanks so much for all the great posts!  I laughed, I cried, I
fell down; they changed my life.  Okay, maybe not to THAT extent.
Thanks so much.

Love,
Christine and Dustbin and Mab