From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2003 16:57:23 -0400
I put my two oldest girls to sleep today.  Phoebe and pretty much lost
interest in anything but eating and sleeping.  Tinker had an advanced
case of adrenal and little more than skin over bones.  there were no more
medical treatments for either.  We decided to send them off together,
because couldn't imagine Tinker alone with all her cagemates gone.

I got Tinker and her brother Romper (deceased) as 8 wk old kits from
Linda Harrah.  Tinker was a sable with a mottled nose and definately
the boss of the every ferret who ever came into the house.  She hearded
teenage boys with the ease of border collie.  She could subdue a 6# gib
and make him cry like a girl.  Keeping her off the kitchen counters was
a battle I always lost.  Tinker was 9 yrs old.

Phoebe, a rescue and incorrible biter also came from Linda Harrah.  She
was a hooded ferret with a dark coat that had a red gold cast too it Her
estimated age was 2 yrs.  She bit without reason and was afraid of other
ferrets.  I put her with my rambuncious 6 mos old ferrets who taught her
how to be a ferret.  The day I saw her dragging Romper around, I knew
she'd found her place.  She was always Tinker's right paw ferret.  Phoebe
loved pens and always took all of them.  She's follow Tinker into the
cabinets and drawers and stole all the butter knives.  She could be seen
running through the house with a butter knife in her mouth.  We slept
lightly so our throats wouldn't be slit by that 2# monster.  She fell in
love with a Xmas ornament and would climb the tree to get it no matter
how high up we put it.  She was 11 yrs old

KG