From:
Al Rheinheimer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 09:21:03 EST
First I have to say, I completely support our military and understand
the difficulties of separation and isolation associated with barracks
life, but... If, as reported, this ferret was kept in a locker on base,
this soldier demonstrates very poor judgment, total ignorance AND total
disregard for the welfare of this poor ferret.

And if, as reported, the ferret was turned over to his 16 year old girl
friend, this is further demonstration of poor judgment.  This guy has to
be at least 18, what is he doing with an underage girl friend??  We have
to hold those responsible for defending our country, and covering for
each other in the field to a higher standard.

I have to assume this guy volunteered for military service, few people
are forced to enlist, did he have any clue as to the rules and conditions
that those in the armed services must endure?

I am disgusted at this soldier's belief that a locker is appropriate
for housing a living creature.  How about giving him some first hand
experience and put him in a locker.

I am disturbed that he thinks dating a minor is appropriate, if they were
both still in high school I might not take such great offense, but this
guy has made an adult choice to enlist, and it sounds like this 16 year
old doesn't have all her marbles.  Mother refused to buy food, even at
the corner 7-11 or gas station a box of cat food is less than $4, come
on.  Want to give this guy a break and excuse these poor choices, fine
but he doesn't deserve to wear a uniform until he grows up.

Hug your ferrets!
Al