Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 6 May 2003 20:48:38 -0400
From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?gid=1423922&messageid=4395

My worry about Little White Girl is the possibility that the Pseudomonas
has spread into the lungs and resulted in a pneumonia.  ?Pseudomonas is a
very aggressive and often difficult to treat bacterial infection - which
frustrates veterinarians regularly because it does tend to be resistant
to a number of antibiotics.

Pseudomonas has also been reported to cause pneumonia in ferrets.

I think the wisest thing is that Little White Girl be rechecked - and
at a very minimum, have a chest x-ray done, and possibily a white blood
cell count to check for signs of infection.  ?Rapid shallow breathing
can often be the first sign of many thoracic diseases - such as
cardiomyopathy, pneumonia, fungal diseases (which can occur during the
use of potent antibiotics such as with Baytril), and do on.

Perhaps your local veterinarian can take the x-rays and do the blood
work - and digitally send them for a second opinion if necessary.

I hope this helps -- keep us posted!
-Sandra Kudrak, DVM