Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:06:29 -0800
From:
Veronica <[log in to unmask]>
It's not much of a story, but it meant so much to me.

My ferrets have seemed to me as just having me around for their basic
needs and being a giant play toy.  They LOVE to play with me and do so
at great risk of puncture wounds from one and hyserical laughter to the
point of my family nearly commiting me to the rubber room.  Since Yuki
had died though, I get no more kisses, loves or any outer show of ferret
compassion and loving interaction.  It's strictly business of playing
(except when very first brought out of the cage for their romps...they
allow me to love on them for about 20 seconds).

Well...as some may remember, I took my kids - Roo, Bandit and Oddball -
to get there rabies and distemper shots.  An hour away from the vet,
Bandit started with a reaction.  I was still a half hour away from my
regular vet.  I sped there like the demons from hell were after me being
glad the troopers weren't there that day...;) (they would have had to
follow me and THEN give me a citation!).

When I got to the vet, the receptionist took Bandit in the back for a
weight.  He was FRANTICALLY trying to get away from her making her say
some very colorful words.  I hadn't trimmed his toenails in about 2
weeks.  As soon as he got back into my arms, he layed across my forearm
which was held up in front of me.  He layed his head down, let out a huge
sigh and layed there...didn't move...wanted love.

This was a turning point for me on just how much my furkids really do
trust and love me.  They may not show it any other time, but in a bad
situation, it was my comfort he wanted and needed.  I'll never question
their love again.  I know it's there under the soft fur and sparkling
eyes.

Veronica

 ,,
Henry County Humane Society  http://www.phchs.petfinder.org