Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 07:44:26 -0800
From:
Himberger Gerri <[log in to unmask]>
Most of us post when we lose one of our precious family- usually we have
a small amount of fuzzies, and sometimes it feels like the end of the
world for awhile.  Please keep in mind our wonderful shelter operators-
they lose ferts much more often than those of us who have limited
numbers.  Loss is loss, and it hurts as much whether you have 2 or 20.
The example that comes to mind is Troy Lynn- she has gone through a
number of losses recently, as well as having some physical problems.
She doesn't post- not many shelter moms do, they just endure the pain
silently.  They have other furpeople to take care of, and don't
necessarily have the luxury that those of us with fewer have to take
time to grieve.  That doesn't mean the pain is any less.  I think that no
matter how "used" to losing one may be, it still takes a piece of your
heart.

Thank you to all the shelter moms and dads who give these little ones the
gift of dying loved, and grieved.  It is one of the best gifts any animal
can be given.

=====
When you get a chance to be nice to someone, take it: everyone is hiking
uphill.