Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 14:38:33 -0500
From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Pat, if you go to
http://www.ferretcongress.org
you will find among the resources (Critical References) a grouping of
several vet listings.  Each is different so check them all.

Also check the SOS list since the shelters also list their vets.
The SOS list is available by sending the command GET SHELTER LISTS to
[log in to unmask] or in the Files at the Ferret Health List and
I am sure elsewhere as well.

(Anyone in California who needs this info should also look at the
ferretnews and ferretsanonymous links in the Critical References.)

Also, look in the 2003 annual from Fancy for their vet listings.  You'll
find it in pet stores.

Marlene, "collector" is too nice a word for hoarders.  You may be
interested in the legal links also in the references at the International
Ferret Congress site.  There are some excellent things on hoarders and
on changing laws to better prevent the abuse of hoarding.  (One funny
thing is that this works in with the mention I made yesterday of the
terrier-coyote crossings and attched problems since one of the people
involved is fighting hoarding in general is the same person who first
introduced me to an assortment of canine cross studies long ago.)