Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 14:23:59 -0800
From:
>Ellen <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Tucker's surgery
>
>I'm confused.  Why would a good vet recommend leaving an infected
>adrenal gland in a ferret, *especially* a right one?  Going under
>anethesia is very stressful on a fuzz, and I'd have to assume that two
>surgeries are more stressful than one.  What's the deal with this?

According to my vet, removing both at once can cause enough stress to
kill them.  I know of bi lateral adrenal surgeries done by other vets
where this has indeed happened.  So Ellen, the deal is that my vet is
a professional with an education and a proven history of success with
ferrets....particularly mine.  He hasn't lost one yet.  While this may
wind up being more costly, I respect his opinion to do what is in the
best interests of Tucker and all of my ferrets.  He has never steered me
wrong and I have no reason to doubt him.  The other tumor will be removed
within the next couple of months.  I also agree that the stress caused by
surgery is not nearly as risky as opposed to the known risks by removing
both tumors at one time.  May I ask what expertise you have in this area
to pose the questions you do?  Are you a veterinarian?

Kim at SUMS

Fuzzy Hugs from Kim and da kids at Somethin Up My Sleeve Rescue
Ask me how you can virtually eliminate the need for veterinary dental
visits.