Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 03:30:05 -0800
From:
Regarding FML post titled "SB-260 Response"
>I further petitioned Senator Bolling to further include the Ferret in
>the exotic pet catagory

Please tell me this was a typo...**exotic**???

We have spent years trying to convince the world that the ferret is a
domestic animal, not a wild and savage beast, as are many 'exotics', such
as other members of the weasel family, wild cats, etc.  We have fought
long and hard to remove the 'exotic' classification from the wording of
animal regulations in city's, county's and state's animal control
ordinances.

Our ferrets are NOT exotic animals..they are domestic, companion animals.

And in one stroke of the pen, you have petitioned a Senator that the
ferret should again be classified as 'exotic', possibly undoing the
years of hard and dedicated work of ferret lovers across our country.

Please gentle readers, before jumping on a bandwagon, THINK about
what you wish to write.  Ask your self how it will be perceived by
an unknowing public.  If the above is NOT a typo, the damage done
could be catastrophic, even though it was meant to be helpful.

For our ferrets!

MC, The Rude One
With Tuzigoot, Bancho, and Artemus.  In spirit, Bubba, Billy-Bob,
Garret, and Snorkle.