From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:11:29 -0700
Hello everyone!  Hope that you all have recovered from the Superbowl!

First I would like to say that the shelter is now "down" to 4 ferrets.
Coco and Scotty are a pair, and Rocky is a single (Plus Buster - our
permanent resident).  Rocky needs to go to a single family home and have
a lot of interaction with people.  He is a WONDERFUL ferret.  Coco and
Scotty are great too!  If you want more information on them you can check
out our website or email me.

Heads up... looks like we will be getting four in.  They should be here
sometime in February.  two males and two females.  All coming from
different homes.  Frank, Rising Star, Zippy and Sophie.  They are all
around 4+ years old.  I will know more about them once they come here.

Drake, Dakota and Nibbles have found a perfect forever home...thank
you...you know who you are!  They have promised I can visit or call
anytime to check on my babies.

Mark your calendars for February 9, 2003 from 9 am - 5 pm.  We will be
at Reid Park for the Arizona Animal Fair!!!!!!  I can't wait!!!  We will
have the adoptables there (though will NOT adopt straight from there) and
will have items for sale also...to include the etched ferret mirrors that
are on our site.

Most of you know that we have a permanent resident here at the shelter.
His name is Buster and he is around 6 years old.  He came to us with a
cage mate about a year ago.  He had adrenal surgery in Oct and it was
discovered that he had Insulinoma.  He is on medication, is pretty much
blind and is eating strictly chicken baby food.  He is very skinny and
sleeps most of the time...but he still manages to find his daddy to get
treats from him.  I mention him so that hopefully you will keep him in
your thoughts.  Remember to give your ferrets kisses and hugs every day
and never take any of them for granted.  They need your love and they
need you to show it.

Our next Ferrets on the Loose picnic should be sometime in October
depending on the weather.

We are in the process of setting up a store where you can purchase items.
Like shirts and mugs with pictures of ferrets on them.  It should be
pretty good once we have it all up and working.  Right now we only have a
few items up.  Shawn is going to be working over-time to get everything
up there in the next few weeks.  The link to the site is:
http://www.cafeshops.com/ferretcorner
Come take a look and tell us what you think.

"Ferrets are the Spice of Life"
Joanne Ruffner
Ferret Corner Shelter
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz