From:
Denise Autry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 09:53:43 -0800
Oh boy do I know about this one!  We were recently with American Family.
When my husband and I looked at upping our renters insureance, the agent
said we'd be denied coverage.  Why?  Ferrets.  Why?  Don't know.  We
eventually found out that the ferrets exclusion was made I believe April
'02.  So begins the search for new insurance.  The agent we were then
attempting to work through has access to a number of different companies.
Most of them excluded ferrets, because they're RODENTS.  We offered to
send them information from various zooligical sites stating that they are
not members of the rodentia family.  But, to no avail.  State Farm asked
only if we had dogs.  Nope.  No dogs, at least not yet!  Meridian, I
think, also allowed ferrets.  Good luck!  Assinine, isn't it?

Dooks and Dances
Denise Autry
Alpha Phi Omega, Alumni
ICQ# 1155674