From:
citygirl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 03:00:40 -0600
Hi all.  I must have missed the discussion on Troy Lynn.  I have always
had the greatest respect for her.  She is always willing to give advice.
And I know when I feel the need to adopt another ferret or pair (guess
what?  they always come in bonded pairs LOL).  I will definitely check
her shelter for furries even though she lives over a hundred miles from
here.  She is a great person to email with and I feel she is a
compassionate person always willing to help.

BTW, does anyone know how to get in touch with Bobbie-director of the KC
Ferret Hotline?  I have tried to call her on numerous occasions (I know
she must be terribly busy)--leave a message on the answering machine and
never ever receive a return phone call or even an email..  Please let me
know if there is another way to get in touch with her.

As to the poor souls that ask questions on the FML--why is it necessary
to flame others.  I dont see the need for it-no matter whatever the
question is.  They are using the best resources they think of by writing
to this board.  It is so sad that they are often intimidated by some
people here.  There may be some posters who are trolls--you know what I
mean--that just love to rile up the board and get everyone excited.
Anyone who asks a question, no matter how trivial deserves a decent
answer if one is available--this even involves answering the questions
that the trolls pose.  I have often just ignore the FMLs that have anger
involved--you can tell by the title of the post--then I just delete the
whole FML.  It is so sad that we owners feel the need to make others feel
miserable.

Sara Ferret (my oldest furry) continues to be alive and continues to run
and zip around even though it has been two years since she was diagnosed
with lymphosarcoma and was given only a few months to live.  Apparently
someone forgot to tell her she was going to die.  She continues to bite
me however she adores my husband--go figure I am the one that loves on
her and plays with her.  We go for a few months giving her prednisone
with a dash of amoxil to give Sara when she swells up and then the
swelling goes down and so we discontinue it after a month or so.  We will
continue to do this as long as her quality of life is there.  So all of
you that have the misfortune of having your furry diagnosed with this
disease there are always bits of hope--even though the marvelous vets in
our town thought for sure that she was going to pass.  They are in awe of
brave courageous Sara Ferret.  She is not a loving ferret at all and is
deformed--she was born with a little bitsy head and a large body--we
have never seen a furry who even remotely resembles this.  Could some
knowledgeable person enlighten me if this is normal.  This is just for
curiousity's sake.

Please forgive me for rambling on.  Thanks for reading

ferretsey