From:
Mindy Dinwiddie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 23:01:50 -0500
I have a very sick ferret!  It all started a week before last Friday
1/10.  Max, My ferret was fine on Thursday.  Friday when he got up he
didn't look well.  Friday afternoon I took him to the vet and he put him
on cefa drops.  Max didn't get better.  So I took him back on Wednesday,
he took him off the cefa and put him on amoxicillin and told me to give
him baby aspirin for fever.  Wednesday night he was running 107 temp.
Friday can again and Max was getting worse.  I called and he said nothing
else he could do.  Took him to another vet and she did blood work.  She
kept him over night and said he had a white cell count of 54000.  Started
him on Metronidazole, Carafate and Baytril.  Today I took him back to her
and his white cell count is 47000.  I am having to force feed him A/D and
make him drink.  He runs fevers up and down anywhere from 101 to 105.7.
All he does is sleep and where ever I lay him is where he stays.  He no
longer goes to the litter box just where he is laying.  Vet said he also
had intestinal ulcers but that they are getting better.  His poop isn't
black anymore but still has the runs.  his spleen is enlarged also.  Any
ideas????