From:
Terrance Timmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 14:27:42 -0700
First to the mouse traps.  I use the cubes, available at Wal-Mart for
about $2 each.  I have caught 6 mice with these, turned them over to the
Humane society (same one I rescued my Charlie from).  I had one fatality
because after the first 5 it was several weeks with no captures, so I
thought they were all gone, but I left the trap down, but forgot to check
it regularly, so keep that in mind.

To the person asking about ferrets running free at night, I leave my
Charlie loose ALL the time, but he has a solid wood gate that restricts
him to a bedroom and one bathroom.  I have set up many hidey holes (and
he made several himself, hehehe), set up play places, etc.  the only
problem I have is potty training.  I cant seem to keep him using the
litter box.  He usually sleeps in the closet of the bathroom (has several
blankets hammiest and a tent) and there is a litter box in both the
bathroom and the bedroom, but he seems to take great delight in not
using most of the time.

any suggestions would be appreciated.  I don't want to confine him to a
cage since he has a full time playmate in a young cat, so gets plenty of
play, when he wants it.

Terrance

PS Have tried spaying his mistake areas with febreeze, natures miracle
and a couple of no name brands.  it seems to work for a day or say, then
it goes back to his accidents.