Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:28:48 -0800
From:
Diane Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
I received so many posts after telling of Parker dying in the dryer
yesterday.  Thank you all so much for your words of sympathy.  But the
one thing that I want to convey is that in one moment of my carelessness,
one of my fur children lost his life.  The fault was entirely mine.  That
is something that I will have to live with the rest of my life.  More
importantly, it is something that I will learn from.  I have read other
posts where similar tragedies have happened and thought to my self, I am
so careful, that could never happen to me.  I am way to careful and
protective.  Almost obsessive, but it did happen sadly to me.  Please
don't let something similar happen to you because you think like I did,
you are too careful.

On a positive note, while Lucy was in surgery for septic peritonitus, the
call came from the O.R.  The vet was on the line to explain whet she had
found.  A hole in the small intestine coming out of the stomach, tumors
on the spleen and pancreas.  It was very messy in there as she put it.
She did the best she could and I brought home a very groggy older lady
whom has so far made it almost 24 hours post op.

Again, thank you all so much for your sympathetic words, but let my
lesson be a reminder for us all, there is no such thing as too careful.

Diana and The Ferret Farm