From:
Robin Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 04:18:51 EST
George Shepard wrote"
>Further to my posts on feral ferrets, it would appear that the Department
>of Fish and Game believe that feral ferrets exist in the US.  There is
>some interesting information on this site
>http://www.dfg.ca.gov/hcpb/species/nuis_exo/ferret/ferret_issues_2.shtml

Mr Shepard,
You directed people to go the CA Fish & Game website to read their
propaganda about ferel ferrets.  What you don't see on that site, (but if
you write to the DFG department you can get a copy of) is the results of
the nation wide survey they took in 1996 (1996-97 Nationwide Ferret
Survey of State Wildlife Agencies).  To DFG's dismay they found that
there were no feral colonys of ferrets anywhere in the US.  This survey
got buried, until a few years ago when some resourceful person found it.
If you want some REAL interesting reading, Go to the Californians For
Ferret Legalization website
http://www.ferretnews.org/

Read the section called " Misiformation Series of The Week" its
interesting stuff.  It also shows you that you can't always believe
everything you read of the DFG website.

Robin
Hiding somewhere in CA