From:
poleKATparsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 06:05:54 -0800
>From:    Kris Kriskius <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Kim and da kids at Somethin Up My Sleeve
>
>>Kim and da kids at Somethin Up My Sleeve writes:
>>I am able to provide quarantine for this little girl...and am working
>>on lining up a forever home but bottom line is that I don't have the
>>extra funds for her ADV test.

>Forgive me for sounding rude, but I am a little confused.  You say you
>run a shelter?  Don't you have a little *nest egg* set aside for when
>these types of unexpected expenses arise?  What would happen if let's
>say 3 or 4 of your shelter babies came down with adrenal and needed
>surgery....etc

i am amazed.  do you not READ the fml?

many/most shelters ask for or need help...they make and sell things to
raise money for the ferrets in their care...some are lucky enough to have
club that raises money for them...most are not...they do it themselves...

they take on a huge responsibility taking in all these kids...most
needing medical care...or at the very least to be checked by a vet so
they can be adopted out...this runs thru cash like water...

a nest egg?...how many shelters out there have nest eggs???...how many
are not running on a shoestring...doing their best for the ferrets and
depriving themselves of stuff they want or need????

IF you had been reading the fml..you would know that kim has been thru a
LOT this last year...physically as well as job-wise...and many surgeries
for the kids...but she is doing her best to get the best she can for them
and keep her shelter going...FOR THE FERRETS...i would not have her job
for the world..i could never go thru what a shelter operator goes thru...

how many shelters have closed their doors this last year for lack of
funds/help???...where are the ferrets going that would have gone to
them???...why to these other people who have...so far...stuck it out
doing the best they can!!!

don't put kim down for asking for help...for doing the best she can to
raise money for the sick and injured that come to her...that she takes so
nothing worse will happen to them...

shame on you...

i am not even a shelter...but circumstances dictated that i asked for
help here on the fml...i still run raffles and sell on ebay to raise
money for my kids...and i get the help...not too many have bad mouthed
me...who is NOT a shelter...for asking for help...why is it different for
kim?..she takes in kids that others have neglected or abused...that need
more medical attention than the normal ferret...she fixes them up...then
adopts them out...she does not even get the joy os seeing that ferret
live to a ripe old age cause of what she has done...

some people do not trust certain kinds of ADV tests anymore...so they go
the route of the vet drawing blood and sending it off...that is more
costly..but then they feel secure in the results...after all...all the
rest of the kids in the shelter are her responsibility to protect also...

how many shelters have closed down due to adv being found in their kids?

are you a shelter, Kris Kriskius?...if so..you are one of the lucky few
that is financially comfortable...and the only one i know of...

keep up what you do, Kim...Bless you...
love,
kat

=====
KITY=^..^=KAT and the Kollektive [18]
http://www.geocities.com/ferretlover97

In Memory of...White Russian...who lost his fight with ADV on May 8, 2002
Missing pieces of my heart...Marcel, LittleWhiteGirl, Narmy, OldGuy,
D'weezle, Pye, Sandi, Jack, and the biggest pieces of my heart...Sonny,
Charlie and Geezer!  ...Keeping in memory...Dweezil, Opie, Tunees & Lil
Bear...

It is that time of year again...
The A.D.V. Christmas Giving Tree... http://www.mkaresq.com/adv_giving.htm
and the Ferret Giving Tree...  http://givingtree.friendsoffuzzies.com