From:
Heather Wojtowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:56:33 -0500
Ada asked:
>I went to Walmart today and I was looking in the pet section of the
>store.  I noticed a new product called: Premium Ferret Fruit & Veggie
>Crunch with Yogurt .  It comes in a Blue and Red 7oz Box.  Has anyone
>tried this before???  Is it a good for ferrets??

This sounds pretty horrible for ferrets.  It's three of the tops things
they're unable to digest.  It's probably fairly sweet and no doubt the
ferrets it was tested on positively loved it, but none of these
ingredients will do a ferret any good and the sugar in the fruits and
yogurt (I assume it is all of the dried variety) could make an
insulinomic ferret ill.  Basically, this treat will come out of the
ferret looking much the same as it did when it went in.

Any treat that's made up of sugary bits, fruits, or veggies do not offer
the ferret any nutritional value and depending on the ferret's blood
sugar balance, could harm him.  Stick to treats that are very similar to
their food, that are meat or protein based.  For my ferrets, I just have
a different brand of food (Path Valley Food) that they only get on
occasion and they consider the crunchy kibble bits a "treat".

-Heather in Massachusetts