Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 09:23:58 -0800
Hello everyone!  I have posted before, but more of a reader than a
writer.  I was thinking about getting my 2 ferrets tested for ADV because
all the posts I read really scare me.  My albino ferret itches allot but
that is the only sign between the two girls.  They are both less than a
year old.  I called my vet and they obviously weren't up-to-date on ADV
testing.  Said the ferret will have to be put to sleep to draw the blood,
blood sent out, plus an office visit, she was GUESSING about $150 per
ferret!!!  Vet asked me what ADV was so I don't think I would take them
here anyways.  I will find a more knowledgeable vet, but could her
pricing be correct?!?!  Please let me know and also if ADV affects mostly
older ferrets.  I try to match up ages with ADV ferrets when I read the
postings but I haven't been able to make a final consensus between age
and ADV.  I may be over reacting but I have posted my concern about my
albino ferret on-line before.  Thank you to all the responses I received
on that post-one of them questioning ADV.

On a lighter note, does anyone else's ferrets like to potty in the
bathtub?  The litter box is right next to the toilet yet mine will jump
into the bathtub to drink and then potty in there?  What crazy kids!

-Carrie