From:
Kristine Lunny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 13:50:25 -0800
I don't believe any of the shelters in the PFSN have as many ferrets
total than Troy Lynn has herself.  The largest, which she mentioned is
the Oregon Ferret Shelter.  The 5 hours each day is nothing...at least
in my mind for people who have many many ferrets.  Say 50 ferrets you
have and if you spend 5 hours a day with them that is...oh 6 minutes
individually.  No complaint there...if this is a shelter which is
adopting ferrets out to folks who can spend more than 6 minutes per
fert.  Put permenently...well sick ferrets need more than 6 minutes a
day.  Chris does not work outside the shelter, so therefore can spend
much more time than that with them.  Plus she has many volunteers to
help.  Plus many of us smaller shelters help when the numbers grow to
high numbers at Chris's shelter.  We also help take in kids who have been
at her shelter for a long length of time..so in a smaller shelter can get
more attention and care till the time they find a home of their own.

When shelters offer to take ferrets, as her numbers grow...Chris does NOT
turn them away.  She is very grateful for the help.  Because she does not
want shelter kids going to shelters which keep ferrets outside without
bedding, which she has seen first hand...does not mean she is hoarding...
she is considering the ferrets best interest.  What kind of x-mas is
THAT-to be outside in the cold only to have someone come out to hose you
down when the feces become to heavy?  It has NOTHING to do with being a
network (and a network IS a good thing..it's helped the many shelters
that are part of the network, and most importantly the ferrets that are
in those shelters).

Troy Lynn is a person I've always respected and have enjoyed
conversations we've had in the past.  I'm terribly dissapointed to see
her involve herself in gossip that she has no real facts on, forcing me
to write against her.

Kristine Lunny

Please Bring Christmas Joy to a Shelter Ferret and be a
Santa!!!        http://givingtree.friendsoffuzzies.com

[Moderator's note: Troy Lynn was copied on this post, though note she's
not going to be online for a week...to be continued then if need be. BIG]