From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 09:16:14 -0600
This morning as I'm changing soiled papers my mind wanders in the past.
There are a few times I've thought about doing something and didn't,
let other things get in the way of things I should have done, accidents
happened that could have been avoided, or done things I shouldn't have,
etc.

I was younger and less action oriented and afraid of what others might
think or didn't know what to do at the time... now, years later, those
memories haunt me and they will, forever.

Please don't make the mistakes I did.  Do what you can to help ferrets
and other animals at the time they need it.  Plan ahead.  Ferret-proof
well, even areas you don't think your ferrets are going to get to.  Don't
be afriad to speak up, kindly but sternly, for those that cannot voice
their pain and suffering.  Don't be afraid to insist those that care for
animals do what is needed to be done for the welfare of the animals.
Don't be afraid to insist that animal protection/control does their job
properly and in the best interest of the animals they are obligated to
take care of.  When all else fails, don't be afraid to take matters into
your own hands for the welfare of the animals.

It doesn't matter what others think about you - it matters what you think
of yourself.

Warm hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart, F.B.S.
Ferret Family Services