Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 09:11:40 -0500
Just a comment regarding the holiday giving tree from a lurker of many
years.  It is such a wonderful idea and it truly is a joy to give to
those who need help.  We don't give just to hear someone say thank you;
we give because it's the right thing to do.  But it's also the right
thing to do to let someone know their gifts were received and
appreciated.  It only takes 10 seconds to send an email.  If someone has
spent hours (and a fair amount of their money!) shopping, wrapping and
standing in a long line at the post office, it's not right to let them
sit and wonder if their gift was lost in the mail or the stuff they sent
was not wanted.