From:
Christine Herman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:05:46 EST
> '.The day our life among the Woozles started.
> That's our story. What's yours?
> Julie & the Woozles

WELL JULIE SINCE YOU ASKED..  HERE IT IS:..........The beano brothers....

norman and brody came to me through the pet shop kid.  he was a young guy
who worked there part time and had,had norman and brody for 2 years.
before that his friend had,had them for a few months .

The pet shop kid dropped them off ensconced in a palatial, yet stinky
cage .In their two years with the pet shop kid and his friend before that
they had never been out of the cage .  never.  They lived in the spare
room in their big wire palace alone , always alone.  For a social being
that is awful.  I looked at norman and brody and they looked at me >
their dog food diet had given them bad gas and henceforth they were known
as the beano brothers.  I popped the cage door open,stood aside and
called to them.When they were sure the coast was clear of my questionable
presence they emerged.  Norman was frail , thin and his back legs
atrophied from lack of use.  His coat was sparse from stress and an alpo
diet.  fearfully he skanked from the cage his nose wild from the montage
of odors in the new room.  Brody was thin but in much better shape.
brody was also full of piss and viniger.  he bounced out, hopped sideways
,leaped,ran,dooked ,danced, bit the cat, and banged into the furniture.
Brody twirled and brody flew.

Brody was a happy guy and a kisser too.  he knew how to woo the ferret
treats and all sorts of good stuff out of you with a big weasel kiss.

As they settled down to sleep on my boots i though of them in that cage
for 2 years..,always in that cage and never out... i thought of them
alone in the spare room..  always alone .  They were fairly young and
their lives would change now .  I did not cage them anymore but let them
sleep in a box under the bed , free to come and go,chew and chop,search
and destroy, binge and purge .  Norman became a food fiend and with each
gathering ounce he was more content.  we called him the fat boy .His
repetoire was never extensive and consisted mainly on cruising the carpet
for stray cheese doodles .  Norman was a gentle soul and like a true fat
boy only goodness and forbearance eminated from him.  Only gentle
kindness came from his eyes.

So the beano brothers joined the ward and called it home.

Time passed as it always does and seems not too and so did norman .
brody , still full of spice and juice as ever flew the days away .  he
was strong natured and fearless.  he was loyal and loving.  His light
was bright blue with joi de verve.

One winter all the ward members became sick > the others weathered it out
but not brody .  Brody seemed to languish, so i took him to the vet .I
asked the vet to please help as brody was still full of piss and viniger,
spice and juice and had years to go.  The vet examined brody and said " i
am afraid not miss .  i am sorry ,this is an old ferret, a very old
ferret and his time has come" I thought of the pet shop kid and how he
told me norman and brody were only 2 years old or so.  I thought of
norman and brody in that cage for a long time , and some where , who
knows where for a long time before that.  Suddenly i hated the pet shop
kid.

But for whatever and for all else i had the pleasure of the beano
brothers company.  They were tiny lights in the long line of my life ,
full of piss and viniger,spice and juice, gentle and loyal , always on
the lookout for a glass of tang or some cheetos.  They could stare you
down and sweet talk you out of anything .They made the most of their
freedom ,partyed while the partying was good and said thank you all the
time....christine..10/02/ if anyone would like a copy of WEASEL WARD
you can send a postal money order to: christine herman..  523 5 street ,
apartment 4R..  brooklyn , N.Y.  , 11215 > it is $16 including postage
and shipping.  if you need more info please write to luiza at
[log in to unmask] .PLEASE you must include your return address and i
will send it out right away.  HAPPY WEASELING..