From:
Denise Autry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 05:53:03 -0800
I'm curious.  How many of you have American Family for your homeowners
insurance?  I've been with American Family for a number of years, and
since I got married this year, I went to see about adding the husband to
my auto policy, and updating my renters insurance.  Much to my surprise,
I was told that since I had ferrets, I can't have renters/homeowners
insurance!  I mentioned to the agent that my previous agent knew about
the ferrets, and why were ferrets a disqualification?  Well, you see,
ferrets are on the list as prohibited "wild animals".  When I pointed out
to her that they were domestic animals, had been for centuries, and that
the only state that didn't follow this was California, she said that
changes had been made.  American Family is based out of Wisconsin.  So, I
would strongly suggest reading your policy.  I know that when mine shows
up every year, I just glance at it and go on.  Maybe my new agent just
didn't want my business.  Either of them! :)  But check your policy.
Maybe if American Family loses some $$ over this, they'll think twice
about it.

Still looking for new insurance, so if you've got any good suggestions
I'm in Indiana, let me know!

Dooks and Dances,
Denise
Sleve - Mommy, can't you get those cousins to leave?
Loki - I'm going to go kiss daddy now, mommy.  You brought those cousins
Snoova - Sox is eating all my food mommy!
Sox - Huh?  Hold me!
B.B.  - Auntie Neesie, you won't let Uncle John make me into a mitten,
will you?!

Denise Autry
Alpha Phi Omega, Alumni
ICQ# 1155674