Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 00:44:52 -0600
From:
strobachyzoo <[log in to unmask]>
Denise, I loved your post!

You won`t need those flame-retardant pants, when speaking to us, LOL.  We
agree with you, regarding visitors!!

On December 31st, our sanctuary made the front page of the newspaper, for
the second time in three weeks!!!  We were the second story of the "top
10 Stories in 2002"!!!!  As a result, we have had even more visitors than
usual, and as Kurt pointed out, it generated more volunteers, too!  Word
spreads....

I always enjoy visitors, and so do the fuzzies!!!  (We make everyone wash
their hands, & lose their shoes, before entering the ferret room, because
we live out in the country, but no one has objected......)  People are
always surprised, at how quickly the time passes, while they are here!!!
Most want to come back, and we welcome them!

Over spring break, we are expecting company from out of state, and this
summer, two other out-of-state families will be incorporating a visit
here, into their vacation plans!!!  We have also met some new friends,
right here, on the FML, who hope to visit soon!!!

When comparing sanctuaries to shelters, one needs to realize that a
shelter is a stop along the way, so most shelters aren`t set up for
long-term care--i.e. the space they get to run & play in isn`t usually
very large.  (the nearest shelter to US, is 1 1/2 hours away----Their
play areas are just large cages, maybe 6ft.X3-4 ft.--and they have so
many there, that the babies only get 15-25 minutes out to play.)  The
cages, by necessity, are not large, in most shelters--and short-term,
it`s OK--but long-term, they need more space!!!  Also, most shelter ferts
are housed alone, unless they come in together--(correct me, if I`m wrong
here!)--Our long-term residents get to pick which group they want to be
in--they have buddies to cuddle, as well as to run & play with.  Just a
couple differences.

Sandi did make some valid points in her post too.  Food for thought......

Cathy Strobach ("Zoo")
Zoo`s Ferret Sanctuary NFP
website addy: www.zoosferretsanctuary.com