Date:
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 20:57:42 -0500
Happy Holidays FMLer's;

A question was posed on how you started with fuzzies.  Well, blame
Kris. :-)  He wanted a chinchilla.  One peed on him and two bit him
so that was a no go.  He came home one day and announced that he would
like a ferret.  Having no clue I said "Sure".  That day we went to the
local pet store and got Mischief (July '95) .  Then we got Peanuts,
Tinker and Spook.  Our vet office called us in Feb of "96 and we made
our first rescue.  Little did we know that they would be the start of
MKARESQ (make-a-rescue).

Over the years we have been privileged to serve our fuzzie friends.  We
have gone through the joys, tears, challenges of shelter life.  Now, with
a heavy heart we have closed our doors.  This decision has not been an
easy one.  We have struggled with it for over a year.  But, it is time.

We will not be leaving the ferret community, there are many different
avenues that we can dabble in.  I would like to believe that with the
knowledge we have gained, we will be better able to educate the public.
Perhaps with the extra time on our hands, we will be able to pursue the
changing of laws, in Michigan, with respect to ferrets.

I would like to thank all of the Secret Santa's that our adv kids have
had this year.  The gifts were wonderful and I know they were sent with
love.  Tara, thank you for your gift to the 'ole ladies'.  They are
hanging in there!!!  I just have to figure out who is sleeping in which
sack :-)

I have met so many wonderful people on this list and even the ones that I
don't 'know' personally, I feel like you are all family.  I love you all.
Though I don't post often and I'm really bad at responding, I cry with
you for your losses and I laugh with you at the fuzzies antics.  Thank
you for being there when Kris or I have needed your strength.

Big, thank you for running this list in a democratic, diplomatic way.
You must certainly have a wealth of wisdom.

I wish everyone here a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!  One filled with joy and
love and peace.

Sincerely,
Kris & Mary Mewton
MKARESQ